
I just have to share these!!
I can't help myself.
My kids absolutely loved these.
I made them two times in two days.
They can be sweet or savory.
What a yummy treat.
Hope you enjoy!!
Soft Baked Pretzels
1 package(.25 oz.) active dry yeast(1 T.)
2 T. brown sugar
1 1/8 t. salt
1 1/2 C. warm water
3 C. all-purpose flour
3 C. bread flour
2 C. warm water
2 T. baking soda
2 T. butter, melted
1-2 T. coarse kosher salt or cinnamon and sugar
In a large mixing bowl, add yeast, brown sugar, and salt. Test water temperature with thermometer. When it reads 110 degrees, add to bowl. Stir to dissolve. Add both types of flour( I used only all-purpose flour and they turned out great) and stir well.
Place dough on floured surface. Knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
Grease a large bowl. Place dough in bowl then turn dough upside down to coat surface. Cover with a towel let rise for one hour in a warm spot.
Combine 2 cups warm water(test again for 110 degrees) and baking soda in an 8-inch square pan. After the dough has risen, divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 1 1/2-foot rope, 1/2 inch wide. Twist into a pretzel shape, and dip into the baking soda solution. Place on a cookie sheet and let rise 15-20 minutes.
Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter, and then sprinkle with coarse salt or cinnamon sugar.
Yields 12 servings.
2 comments:
Those look amazing, Tori! I absolutely love soft pretzels.
so i'm making these tonight! butt yum!!!
and you are very cute and creative! love the blog!!! love seeing you again! now how about we meet up in person, i think we're ready!
talk to you soon!
Post a Comment