

Have you ever prayed for a cold, rainy day just so you could make soup for dinner? I have....the only problem is my prayer wasn't answered. I decided today that it didn't matter(he knows best anyway right? I am sure someone else needed sunshine more than I needed rain) I was going to have soup today regardless. I thought I would share this recipe. I love this soup! Halle helped me make the meatballs. It was actually really fun because my other two were both sleeping so it was just her and I. It was wonderful to have one on one time. I don't get it often enough!
Mini-Meatball soup
from Racheal Ray
1 pound lean ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese(I have used regular old parm. as well- both are great)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 medium onion chopped
1/2 medium onion minced
black pepper and salt, to taste
1 carrot chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 pinches ground nutmeg
3 cans(15 ounce each) no-fat, low-sodium chicken broth(I have used beef broth as well- great either way)
1/2 cup ditalini noodles
A handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
Preheat nonstick skillet to medium/medium-high heat.
Combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, the minced onion, salt, and pepper. Form 1/2 inch mini meatballs and place in preheated nonstick skillet. Cook for approx. 12 minutes to brown balls. Rotate with tongs to brown all edges evenly.
While meatballs are cooking, saute chopped carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a soup pot. Sprinkle veggies with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Add broth and turn heat up to high. When broth boils, drop in ditalini. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Drop in meatballs and parsley and serve with crusty bread and a salad.
1 comment:
Tori - you need to start a cooking blog immediately!
This soup looks delish!
Post a Comment