Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

We had the chance to go to Salt Lake City this week and see Temple Square.
It was amazing to say the least.
We had never taken our kids and it had been way to long for Jeremy and I.
I truly had forgotten the wonderful spirit there.
There really is nothing like it.
If you have never been, take the time and go.
It is well worth it.
We drove to Ogden and then got on the Front Runner and road to Salt Lake where we got on TRAX. It was a little scary being that far from home without our vehicle.
Every time I left the train I was afraid of forgetting something and it made me especially nervous with my little ones, but everything went really well and the kids had a blast.
They literally counted down the days until we went.
My cute little Rilee.
He was excited,
because this was our very first glimpse of the lights turning on.
The STUNNING Salt Lake Temple!
The kids loved seeing the angel Moroni on top.


I absolutely love these two paintings
(Captain Moroni and the Two Thousand Stripling Warriors)
They are located in the conference center.
A really neat lady gave us a tour.
The building is absolutely amazing!!




Halle and Rilee with my mom and sister.





Jeremy playing with Detmer!
What an awesome picture!!





Detmer loved the interactive kiosks!






Beautiful reflection of the Salt Lake Temple!


Our Family!!
I have always wanted a picture of my family in front of the Christos statue.
The acoustics in this room are unbelievable.
Detmer loved the sound of his voice echoing and would not be quiet.
Let's just say it wasn't the most reverent visit.


Rilee and I attempting to take our own picture.
A good reminder that I should never do this!



Beautiful Halle in front of the fountain.
I have never been to Salt Lake in December when we didn't need coats, hats, and gloves.
This was definitely a first.
It was a beautiful day!!



This is a replica of the Salt Lake Temple.
We were able to get a glimpse of what it looks like inside.
I have never done a session there.
I hope to some day!





Our family in front of one of the many fountains.
Oh, how I love seeing us all together!


Eating our lunch on the train!!

Halle and Rilee!
We had just gotten on the train and they were so excited to finally be leaving!


I feel so blessed to have made this trip with my family.
I helped me to reflect on eternal families and the true meaning of Christmas.
I pray that I will take the time to become closer to my Savior this holiday season.
I love my family with all my heart!


















2 comments:

Lacey Dahlgren said...

Love this! I miss temple square so much this time of year! Going to see the Christus statue has always been my favorite thing to do since I was a kid...the spirit is unmistakeable. Thanks for giving me a glimpse from KS!

Jamie said...

Nothing like Temple Square! Looks like you guys had a great time!
And I love the pic of just your eyes. You still have those amazing lashes! lol